Tuesday, March 06, 2007

proteins and an antibody





proteins and an antibody

Originally uploaded by lekowala.


I was numbering my proteins in this cartoon for the next set of lectures when the I felt the tremors today... except that I thought my colleague in the next cube was shaking my chair. I turned round and saw him quite far away. He didn't feel the tremor nor did our friend who was talking to him. I guess numbering the proteins helped me detect the movement. I thought "that's it, I've been staring at the screen too long and need to take a break"

Poor Indonesians, its just one thing after the other.

I just happened to be reading A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson a few days ago and reached the part about earthquakes. The Richter Scale was actually called the Magnitude scale by the people who invented it (Richter and Gutenberg) and the scale is logarithmic which means each increase of 1 in the scale represent a 10-fold increase in energy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous “Did you feel the tremors?” - Part 2 « lekowala! said...

[...] these few days.  But having experienced the swaying buildings before in March this year (see this post by me  and this post by Otterman), I knew it may be another tremor.  I could definitely feel the sway, so [...]

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home