Monday, November 06, 2006

A wonderful 3 days

On Friday, I attended a talk by Jane Goodall followed by a dialogue session with her. This is the second time I have listened to her. It was even more moving this time.



And I thought, okay that was the highlight of the year. Next day, Otterman calls me to bring some BBC crew to Sungei Buloh. So we meet at the hotel lobby and I see the crew hanging around. Then guess who pops out of the door? None other than Sir David Attenborough himself! We shook hands...



The next day was a Sunday and I decided to go to Sentosa with the family. We were at one of those overly reclaimed beaches and Jen needed to use the toilet. The toilet overlooked some rocky shore which was exposed due to the low tide so Josh and I decided to check it out.



We waded carefully in the ankle-high shallows. We saw carpet anemones, leaf-potter crabs, an octopus, a sea cucumber... I could hardly belief my luck. First the famous naturalists and then next the creatures themselves...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous carina said...

Jane Goodall and Sir David Attenborough... phwoar!!! :D

9:07 PM  
Anonymous one of your students said...

(sorry to barge in, but MR LOO! That is so awesome! It deserves like 300 exclamation marks...)

David Attenborough is like a legend in my family what with us sitting around watching Earthvisions back in those days and because the only things we watch on tv are a. the news and b. documentaries...

That is so awesome!

OK now that I've said that, could you please pretend I didn't comment?)

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home