Saturday, July 23, 2005

It lingers like fragrance

Wednesday was racial harmony day so I came to school in my bhangra outfit.  At assembly we were treated to the mock Chinese, Malay and Indian weddings, staged by teachers and students.  It was really funny to see the discipline master out of character.  The Principal said it was the most memorable event in the past half year and I couldn’t agree with him more.  It seemed like all else had stopped and all minds and hearts were focussed on the celebrations.  Its funny how the school has the knack of doing this to me, surreal.  The last time was in the classroom, 5 months ago when students were acting as “toothpickases” snapping toothpicks to measure rates of enzyme activity.  The 70 minutes passed by as though they were mere seconds but I remember that lesson as though it was just a few days ago.   It lingers like a fragrance.

  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home